Plan and perform the tasks required to manage localization / translation projects within the required timelines, budgets, and scopes of work. Coordinate complex customer projects with one or more project managers and project coordinators.
Includes the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Plan, organize, and implement language services projects, including localization, translation, transcription, interpretation, and other related services,
- Maintain a clear understanding of the processes required for each project and each project team member’s role,
- Coordinate complex projects requiring multiple project managers and/or project coordinators,
- Manage key customer relationships,
- Maintain regular communication with the team members working on each project,
- Manage the customer relationship during the project, from kickoff to final project analysis, providing appropriate communications, data analysis, and reports as needed by the customer,
- Coordinate with the customer to clarify customer requirements and process change orders to projects, as needed,
- Ensure timely customer invoicing by creating accurate invoice requests for Accounting,
- Manages project vendor relationships during the project, ensuring work tasks are assigned and completed accurately, on time, and on budget,
- Assign and monitor linguistic resources on application testing tasks,
- Ensure that vendors receive timely and accurate purchase orders for their assigned tasks,
- Monitor and report progress to management,
- Create proposals for project requests from existing customers and coordinates with the project management supervisor and operations manager as projects are approved,
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Minimum five years of localization/translation project management experience,
- Demonstrated experience in project management and customer contact skills,
- Established computer skills, on Windows Operating System, using MS Office products,
- Knowledge of desktop publishing applications and second language preferred,
- Working knowledge of project scheduling tools, CMS, TMS, TM tools, and glossary management tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Excellent customer service skills, along with excellent problem solving ability,
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and relevant governmental regulations,
- Ability to write effective reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents,
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, prospects, and customers.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, percentages, basic algebra),
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Argos Multilingual is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.