The Vendor Manager will execute the resourcing strategies of the company by maximising service, quality and profitability through the recruitment and management of its’ broad network of suppliers. The incumbents will coordinate searching and qualifying candidates for a variety of freelance tasks globally, including price and contract negotiations.
We are looking for a talented, smart, and creative person to lead and execute a targeted recruitment process for multiple languages.
This is a full time position in a global company with great opportunities to grow your career. Remote work is an option.
- Analyse and agree freelance supplier requirements with internal stakeholders to ensure capacity and budget management for each allocated account.
- Identify, attract, recruit and qualify suitable language vendors and other suppliers in alignment with the strategy set by the Vendor Management Team Leader. Execute the qualification and onboarding process with suitable suppliers, including interviews, testing, price negotiations, documentation management and database administration.
- Monitor assigned vendors’ performance; provide feedback and engage with appropriate actions to address any concerns.
- Proactively engage, communicate and support vendors to build lasting relationships with key suppliers in alignment with company strategy.
- Ensure all required information is entered into IT / VM systems and make sure they are always up-to date.
- Continuously monitor processes and sourcing strategies for improvement opportunities. Participate in local and global vendor management initiatives in cooperation with or as delegated by the Vendor Management Team Leader.
- Degree level education, preferably in Business, HR, Language Studies or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Resource / Vendor / Recruitment Specialist positions ideally in translations industry or 3 plus years experience in the translation and localization industry.
- Track record of executing recruitment projects for multiple accounts and projects.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure
- Adept at research and learning new tools and techniques with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Process oriented, analytical and comfortable in negotiating new agreements.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, with exceptional fluency in English.
- The ability to understand and exceed customer expectations
English language skills to business standard.
Highly developed computer skills with intermediate level of Excel, Word and Outlook.
Knowledge of translation technologies is advantageous.